VFUG holds regular meetings in the Vancouver, BC Canada metropolitan area. Each meeting may include one or more of:
Currently, meetings are held several times per year, nominally in
February, May and October. This may be changed on a meeting-to-meeting
basis to avoid conflicts or accommodate special speakers; please check
this page regularly for updates.
- Presentation(s) on topics of technical or business interest
- Open question-and-answer session
- Networking and socializing amongst attendees
A VFUG annual membership may be purchased for $20.00. Annual memberships expire in October.
VFUG is looking for people interested in presenting FoxPro-related
material. We are a small and friendly group; this is a golden
opportunity to gain valuable speaking experience, or a chance to test
and polish a technical or sales presentation before going "live" to a
You don't need to be a FoxPro "guru", working with the latest
version. All you need is something YOU think is "cool" - others will
probably think so, too! Example topics:
- Data modelling tools and prototyping
- Rapid Application Development with frameworks and reusable components
- Advanced or innovative techniques to solve challenging FoxPro programming problems
- Interface of FoxPro with other "back-end" databases e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Use of FoxPro with the Internet/Web
- Use of 3rd party components with FoxPro e.g. Adobe Scalable Vector
Graphics (SVG) for graphics, Microsoft Agent to speech-enable FoxPro
- Demonstration of custom or shrink-wrapped applications written using
FoxPro, and how they solve the customer's needs. Lots of people are
doing neat things with FoxPro.
- Discussion of business issues related to software development -
challenges in running a software company, intellectual property issues
and the law and other "war stories". This is often very interesting to
the business people in the group and those contemplating going into the
- Book Review. Bought a FoxPro or general development book you really loved? Tell us all about it!
- Uses of cool new features in the latest production or beta version of VFP.
Although meetings may last up to 2 hours or so, don't feel your
presentation has to fill the entire time! A presentation running 15 to
30 minutes will normally lead to Q&A specific to your topic, then
Q&A in general which usually means an interesting and engaging
VFUG can offer you a meeting room, projector and a captive audience! Please contact any VFUG director for more information.